(cheerful band music)
– Good morning, you guys. It’s really early in the morning. It’s like seven o’clock. But welcome home. You’re here on the
CarlandJinger family channel. We had somethin’ weird
goin’ on, last night. Somethin’ was underneath the
floorboards of the house, like down in the crawl space. And we heard something
thump or bang around, and it woke us up. We thought maybe because
we’re doin’ some remodeling and we’re having our
whole back patio done, like all the way out to the swimming pool. But that definitely wasn’t it. So it looks like, even
though it’s really early in the morning, we’re going
back down in the crawl space to investigate. Because every day is a new day. Let’s make it an awesome one. Gage went down last time, and so I think– – So are you saying
it’s my turn? (chuckles) – [Carl] Jingeriffic needs
to have a little look down. – Bring it! Okay, I’m gonna go down.
– You’re gonna hop in there? – Yeah, I’m gonna do it.
– Okay. (ominous music)
– This is pretty crazy, guys. I don’t know. Oh, ouch! Oh man, what was that? Ow, I just hit my elbow on something. – All right, guys, here’s the situation. I’m letting the family wake up. I went ahead and got
ready, and I came outside. And the sun’s come up.
(upbeat band music) I let a little bit of time pass, and I wanted to explain
what’s goin’ on, here. We’ve been doing a lot of remodeling, out here on our back patio. And we’ve been pulling up all
this old, beat-up, red brick. And we’ve putting down this Travertine. It looks really nice. We’ve got all these tiles laid out, here. They’re almost done, and
it looks really good. Here, we’ll let the lighting adjust, here. And we’re gonna have
steps goin’ in and out, and a bench, and all that. It’s all comin’ together,
and it’s gonna look amazing. But very recently, we had to send Gage up to explore this part of the
house that we’re remodeling because it was open into the attic. And we had to go up there. We also explored down in the crawl space because somethin’ was
runnin’ around, down there. So we actually went
down in the crawl space, underneath the house. And well, here, I’ll just
show you some highlights of what happened in that video. (inspiring electronic music)
Whoa, guys, check this out. You okay?
– Yeah. It’s a little bit freaky, down here. A little bit spooky.
(dramatic tones) – [Carl] What was that? Oh my gosh, did you hear that? – What did you see?
– I saw something run. – So we found some weird
eggs in our swimming pool. There’s critters that run around and hatched out of the eggs in the bushes, last time that the Sharers
were here at our house. We went down in the crawl space. And we heard something really weird, running around down there. And then, I thought that
all of this was resolved because recently, Carter
Sharer found a huge alligator, monster-thing in his pond. And we thought that it was all resolved and that everything was over. But, something happened last night. So when Jinger and I were
in bed, asleep, last night, really early in the morning,
(funky electronic music) like three o’clock in the morning, we hear something
underneath the floorboards, underneath the bed, go “Boom, boom, boom!” And it thumped on the floor,
up underneath the bed. It woke us both up, and we got up early. And that’s kinda where
we’re at, right now. What about you, Gage? Did you hear anything? Your bedroom is downstairs. – No, I didn’t hear anything. Do we have to go into
the crawl space, again? – [Carl] We might have to
go down in the crawl space. – Oh! (exhales)
– But I think, maybe, we’ll have mom go down there, this time. I think she’ll fit down the hatch. – Okay, okay.
– And she’ll be able to look around.
– Whew! – It seems like there’s
no other way around this. We’re gonna have to go
back in the crawl space. So it’s time to get ready. We’ll get some flashlights,
some equipment, and we’re gonna check out
and see what’s in there. What do you think, Jinger? Did you get any sleep, last night? – No, there was something
banging on the floor, right? – [Carl] Like three
o’clock in the morning, like at 3:00 a.m., we
hear, “Bang, bang, bang!” Like from the floorboards, right? – Yeah, it felt like
it was right under us. – [Carl] Right, so
there’s only one solution. And Gage went down, last time. And so I think– – So are you saying it’s my turn? – [Carl] Jingeriffic needs
to have a little look down– – Bring it! You know what? As long as nothing jumps
out at me, I’ll be fine. Also, I’m just hoping.
– Well, there’s only one way– – I don’t know.
– to find out; let’s go. – Ugh!
(whooshing) – Well, there’s no other way around this. We just have to go in the hatch and go down and see
what’s in there, right? – I’d be lying if I didn’t
say I wasn’t nervous because I just.
(eerie tones) I am very nervous. Did that even make sense?
– Yeah, well, you’ve got a flashlight.
– Did that make sense? – [Carl] Gage used that,
last time he searched down in the crawl space. But yeah, we were sleeping in bed. And underneath the floorboards, it was just like, “Bang, bang!” So anyway,
(door clicks open) the crawl space opening is in here. – In this closet.
– In the shoe closet. – I mean, this is–
– I think we can remember how to get this open.
– Okay. – Yeah, there’s the carpet.
– Red carpet, oh my gosh. – And then the padding.
(eerie tones) Careful!
– Whoa. – Careful, careful.
– That’s really dark, down there.
– Is it really? – Yes.
– Oh my God. – (inhales) Oh my goodness.
– Okay, wait a second. – That looks so gross. I’m going down there?
– Yeah. ‘K, wait, let’s be quiet. Let’s see if we hear anything, first. (eerie tones)
I don’t hear anything. – Okay, I’m gonna go down.
– You’re gonna hop in there? – Yeah, I’m gonna do it.
– Okay, I’m gonna go check on the kids and make sure
they’re okay, real quick. You gather your senses.
– I’ll gather myself and get ready.
– Okay, here we go. You guys, smash that “Like” button and give Jinger good luck.
– What’s goin’ on? – [Carl] You guys doin’ okay, down there? – (in unison) Yeah, doin’ good. – [Carl] Mom’s gonna go
down in the crawl space, so you guys might wanna come out here and see what’s goin’ on.
– Ooh, okay, let’s go. – Where’s Kyle?
– Kyle! – Hey, Kyle.
– Yeah? – [Carl] Why don’t you stay down there and keep an eye on Blue? Oop, maybe we better shut this gate. You stay down there, and we’ll come check on
you in a minute, okay? – Okay, come on Blue.
– Keep an eye on the dog. (whooshing)
What do you think, Jinger? – I think it looks
really scary. (chuckles) – So far, so good.
– Well, yeah. Gage, do you have any advice for me? – Don’t bump your head. – And don’t put your hand
anywhere that you haven’t looked ’cause that could be–
– That’s really good advice. – Okay, okay.
– Don’t put your hand anywhere that you haven’t looked, yet. Okay–
– Oh gosh, would you guys actually go
down there, if this was you? Like, come on, now.
(upbeat string tones) Well, Gage will.
– Well, we’ve gotta figure out what it was. We haven’t heard anything at all. – Okay, it’s fine.
– Seems pretty quiet. ‘K, go for it.
– Okay, here we go. – Good luck, Jinger.
– Oh, there’s lots of spiders. – What, okay.
– Ooh, great big spider webs. Okay, okay.
– Hey guys, go. You’re gonna go down on
an adventure with Jinger. Good luck.
– Here we go. (whooshing)
– How’s it look, down there? – Um, still just creepy. Okay, you guys, let’s
see what we can find. I don’t see anything, yet. But anything could be down here. You know, there could be
somethin’ hidden down here that I don’t see, just
because there’s a lot of blocks of wood. And there’s lots of insulation. I’m checkin’ it out, though. One thing that’s a little weird is that I know Gage has been down here. There’s actually a lot
of markings in the dirt that make it look like
somebody has been down here. See that footprint?
(eerie tones) That does not match any of Gage’s shoes. Okay, you guys, behind me
is where the bathtub is. And that’s where I just looked, where you saw all that construction stuff. And I don’t think there’s
anything out there, but this is going the other direction, which is just under the bed. I think this is where the
sound was from coming from. But I’m just not sure. Here we are. This is right under the bed. And you can see that the dirt
is piled up a little higher. So if there was something down here, it would make sense
that it would be banging the bottom of the floor. So let’s go down there and
see if we can find anything that’s out of the ordinary. This is pretty crazy, guys. I don’t know. Oh, ouch! Oh, man, what was that? Ow, I just hit my elbow on something. Oh, whoa, what is that?
(lilting tones) Carl, there’s something metal
sticking out of the ground, down here.
– What? – It looks kind of like a pipe. But, I can just see the edge of it. This looks like it goes
really deep in the ground. (mysterious tones)
Whoa, man look at that. – What?
– It looks like welded together. This looks like it came from some, like an alien planet. I don’t even know. This does not look like
anything I’ve seen before. Whoa, okay, okay, okay, okay. I got it out of the ground.
– K’, can you bring it back to the hatch?
– Yeah, I’ll come up there. (scrapes dirt)
It’s not too heavy. That is really weird. Okay, let’s take this up and see if we can get it open
or figure out what it is. (whooshing)
– What does it look like, Jinger?
– Oh man, check this out. – Oh, what the heck?
– Have you ever seen anything like that, before?
– What in the world? That is not what I thought
you had, down there. – Isn’t that crazy?
– That is really interesting. Oh, my gosh.
– What do you think that is? – I have no idea.
(funky orchestra music) Look, it’s like something
was oozing out of it. We better take this in the kitchen, and we’ll see if we can get it open or figure out what this is. You guys, check this out. This is what mom found, down in there. – Wow!
– That’s weird. – [Carl] I don’t want
you guys to touch it. But let’s take it to the kitchen counter, and we’ll see what’s inside.
(whooshing) – Okay, we have the canister
in the kitchen, here. I have no idea what is inside that thing. What do you guys think is in there? – I have no idea what’s gonna be in there. – Maybe it’s like rotten
soup or something. – Ooh.
– Maybe it’s like– – Ooh.
– one of the guys that built this place.
– Like one of the construction workers left
his canteen, down there, or something?
– Like his lunch. – I don’t know.
– I don’t think that that’s what it is. That’s pretty weird looking, to me. – Well, I’ve got some safety goggles on. Why don’t you guys back up
over there, a little bit. – (in unison) Okay.
– ‘Cause we really don’t know what this is. It doesn’t make any sound or anything, which is kinda weird. That would lead me to
think that it’s empty. But I would say, it
maybe only weighs like, a pound and a half, maybe two pounds. – What does it smell like?
– Smells like burnt chemicals. – Ooh, just be really careful.
– But that’s what weird. I don’t understand what
this oozing stuff is, right? – [Jinger] Yeah, that’s the weird thing. (thumps metal)
– Listen to that. – It’s hollow.
– It does sound hollow. – It’s like some kind
of a hollow container. (thumps metal)
(funky string tones) – [Jinger] Just try to open it, first. – Okay.
– Oh man, does it twist– – Does it turn the other way?
– (exhales) – [Jinger] That’s exactly
what I was gonna ask. – Give me a second. (exhales) Umph! (laughs) There’s no way that’s gonna twist open. – No!
– It was making– – It might go the other way. Like, what if it goes
the other way, right? (upbeat band music)
– Is it welded shut or somethin’?
– Umph! (exhales) I don’t know.
– Man, you would think. – I mean, this might be like an epoxy, like a glue or something. Whatever is in here, it’s like they don’t want it to get found. Look at that. It looks like it’s been burnt, almost like something
re-entered the atmosphere. I know. Let’s rinse it off and see.
(water splashes) – Whoa!
– Wow, that’s a way different color than I expected, now that we’re getting
the dirt off of this. – [Jinger] But on the lid, right here. Did you see that? It’s like all like–
– dented. – Like that has been through–
– Like, “Whoosh!” It looks like it went, “Whoosh, pow!” – [Luke] That must be
like a thousand years old. – I don’t know.
(whooshing) What do you think? Tell us, down in the comments below. What do you think this is?
(whooshing) What’s really strange
is that we hear banging in the basement, under the crawl space. And you go down in there, and this is what you find? – [Jinger] I feel like there
were footprints down there, lots of handprints. And I don’t think they were Gage’s. – (exhales) Oh, my gosh.
– Come on, Carl. You’re the strongest one
in the family. (chuckles) – You can do it!
– It is not budging at all. Look, I got a dent in it.
(metal clicks) – Whoa!
– Oh, that was weird. – Whoa.
– Yeah. – Will you go get a hammer, Gage? – Yeah.
(hammer taps metal) – Well, I don’t wanna hurt
the countertop, either. (hammer taps metal)
(upbeat band music) (hammer whacks metal)
Kinda dented. – Okay.
– I think I’d have to hit it a lot harder than that. Let’s go outside, and we’ll throw it up in the air and stuff. And we’ll see. And we’ll drop it from something up high. – Okay.
– That’s a good idea. (whooshing)
– We’re gettin’ real scientific, here. We’re gonna find out what’s in this weird time capsule pod thing. It’s a real mystery. You ready?
– All right, here we go. – (in unison) Three, two, one, go! (rock music)
(metals clanks) – Whoa.
– Did anything happen? – What happened?
– You know what happened. I ran faster than I’ve ran in a while. (laughing)
That’s what happened. Totally dented in the bottom. I got an idea. Let’s drive over the
top of it with the car. – Yeah.
– Okay. – Let’s do that. Who doesn’t want to try that? We should totally do it.
(laughing) All right, Jinger, are you ready? – Yeah, I’m ready, Carl. Let’s take it in there.
– I’ve got the canister, the time capsule thing, right here. We’re gonna put it right
here, under the tire. – (in unison) Three, two, one, go! – Go slow.
(metal scrapes on concrete) Whoa, go easy; ‘k, go.
(metal scrapes on concrete) Ahh, whoa, whoa, whoa! ‘K, that’s crazy.
(rock music) Back up a little bit. Back up.
(car engine revs) Whoa, look at that, you guys. It’s totally dented in. But it didn’t get crushed by the car. Can you believe that?
– Whoa! – [Carl] It survived
getting run over by the car. Look, you guys, it totally
scraped on the pavement. It just dragged underneath
the tire, all the way up, almost popped the car tire. Look, the bottom is comin’ off. – Can you see inside of it?
– Oh, my gosh. I think its’ hollow in there, guys. It totally flattened, here, and look. This whole part, whether this is the lid or the bottom, I don’t know. – Whoa.
– But it’s all the way off, look.
– Whoa! (inhales) – What is that?
– Whoa, what is that? – What is that? There’s like an inner cylinder. Here, hold that. Be very careful. We don’t know what that is. ‘K, back up. Is this like a button? It’s totally smashed. Oh man, this is not budging at all. Should we try and drive over it some more? – (in unison) Yeah!
– That was working, pretty good.
– Yeah. – Let’s stick it back under the tire, and we’ll try one more time. Three, two, one, go! Careful, careful, careful.
(metal scrapes on pavement) Whoa, whoa, whoa.
(car engine revs) (metal scrapes on pavement)
Oh, listen, we better stop. Back up. That is not gonna do it. We tried to run over this
thing with the car twice, and for some reason, it won’t open. So I think we need to go back in the house and see if we can pop this thing wide open with some tools.
(whooshing) There’s only one way left,
(upbeat drumbeats) I can think of, to get this open. We can keep smashing it. I don’t know what this button is or if there’s something inside there. So I think our best case scenario, here, is to just use this saw
and cut it wide open. You guys ready?
– Three, two, one, go! (saw motor whirs)
(upbeat band music) – It’s definitely metal. This thing is way tougher than it looks. So I’m just gonna try and pry it open. But it’s like there’s another
inner cylinder, inside. (metal creaks)
– Oh, you can do it. We see it.
– Oh, my goodness, look at this.
– Crazy. (metal scrapes on metal)
– Whoa. – Stand back.
– I don’t know what is goin’ on.
– How are we gonna get this open?
– I don’t know. I’m sweatin’ like crazy. I’ve been fightin’ this
thing for like forever, and it’s like there’s layer upon layer. (metal creaks)
I think this is a pretty decent way to open it. I’ve just gotta a good grip on it. Look at this.
(metal scrapes on metal) I can get this open. And I’m, like, peeling this stuff off. – [Jinger] But then,
that’s like a black layer. – I know.
(metal scrapes on metal) – [Jinger] And then,
there’s copper inside that. That is so weird.
– Right, it’s like an onion. There’s just layer upon
layer of stuff on this thing. Grr!
(grinder motor whirs) (upbeat piano music)
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! – (in unison) Whoa!
– Whoa, that’s weird. There’s a red button on this thing, look. – [Jinger] And there’s a black
button on the other side. – There’s a black button on this side, and a red button on this side. And I just missed it with the grinder. – What does it do?
– It’s a button. If I push it, it moves. I don’t know if I should be pushin’ this. But, look guys, this is comin’ off, now. (metal clicks and scrapes)
I think I’m in. – Whoa!
– Look. – Oh man, you got it!
– I got it. I’m tryin’ to work
around the buttons, here. Listen.
(objects rattle) – [Kyle] Wait, there’s something inside! – There’s somethin’ loose
inside there, actually, now. Look, I got the top off. Here’s the button mechanism.
– Oh, that’s crazy. – [Carl] It’s not even
hooked up to anything. (metal clatters)
– Okay. – Ooh, it’s open; it’s
open; it’s open, look. It’s been threaded. And look, there’s like an outer shell and an inner shell.
– Is there anything inside? – What is that?
– What? – [Carl] What is this? This is not what I expected at all. – It’s a cassette tape.
– It’s a cassette tape, you guys.
– No way. – Is there anything else, inside this? No, it looks like brand new, in there, but all burnt and weird on the outside. (metal clatters)
This thing looks like it’s been recorded all the way through. It’s an old cassette tape. Who has any idea what in the
world is recorded on this? Why would it be put in this container and buried in our basement?
(metal clatters) I don’t even think we
own any kind of like a cassette player like this.
– Yeah. – This is really old, right?
– You know what? I might have one, from
when I was a little kid. – Really?
– No way. – [Jinger] I think I might
have an old cassette player. – Like still in your stuff?
– Yes. – Well, maybe what we’ll have to do is we’ll save that for another video. Or maybe you can do that for your channel. But this is a good stopping
point, here, I think. – (in unison) Yeah. – This is good enough for today. We figured out what was
inside the container. We explored down in the crawl space. If you like this video
and you wanna find out more and figure out what’s on this, go check out the Jingeriffic channel. In the meantime, we’ve
handpicked these other videos in order for you to watch
(upbeat band music) and check more. If you like this one,
you’re gonna love these. Make sure and subscribe
and turn on notifications. And we’ll see you guys next time. – (in unison) Bye! – What in the world do you
think is recorded on here? – I don’t know. (chuckles)
– I have no idea. – Maybe it’s music or
maybe it’s another clue. – Yeah!
– I don’t know.